Join ADSC today for industry updates, imperative safety information, educational opportunities, and the best networking the foundation industry has to offer!
About the Committee
The purpose of the Industry Advancement Steering Committee (IASC) is to provide discussion, guidance, and recommendations on research proposals and academic scholarships being referred to the Trustees of the Industry Advancement Fund (IAF) for consideration of funding.
- Evaluate and recommend any and all research proposals submitted to the IASC for funding from the Industry Advancement Fund (IAF)
- Evaluate and recommend academic scholarships submitted to the IASC for funding from the IAF
Participation in and attendance of the IASC meetings is available to all ADSC members; however, membership on the IASC is separated into two groups according to voting privilege: ten (10) voting members and five (5) non-voting members, as follows:
A.Voting Members: The voting members of the IASC are compiled from the Executive Committee (ExComm), three ADSC technical committees (Anchored Earth Retention, Drilled Shaft, and Micropile committees), and two funding committees (Research and Scholarship committees and Women’s Association President (or appointed representative)) under the auspices of the IAF.
The voting members of the IASC are as follows:
- ADSC Vice President, member of the Executive Committee (ExComm)
- ADSC Secretary/Treasurer, member of the ExComm
- ADSC Associates Committee chairperson, member of the ExComm
- ADSC Immediate Past President, member of the ExComm
- Anchored Earth Retention Committee chairperson
- Drilled Shaft Committee chairperson
- Micropile Committee chairperson
- Research Committee chairperson
- Scholarship Committee chairperson
- ADSC Women’s Association President (or appointed representative)
Non-Voting Members: The non-voting members of the IASC are compiled from the Executive Committee (ExComm) and the ADSC staff.
The non-voting members of the IASC are as follows:
- ADSC President, member of the ExComm
- Education Committee chairperson
- ADSC Chief Executive Officer, member of the ExComm
- Recording Secretary of the IASC (ADSC staff person)
Committee Officers Chairman
(Current ADSC President)
Nicholson Construction Company
The IASC conducts its meetings four times annually, just prior to the ADSC Board of Directors meetings.